Sunday, September 7, 2008

Trip to Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Last week, I had to go to the town of Sylvan Lake for work (installing new equipment at a bank).

Sylvan Lake is a summer destination for millions of Canadians, specially wealthy Calgarians. I had time to kill during the software installation, so I went for a walk across town. It's not really a big place (took me about 15 minutes to walk from south end of the town to the north, where the lake is).

It was a chilly day and a weekday, so there weren't that many people at the lake. I had my camera with me, so I took some shots of the trendy places in Sylvan lake. I'm posting them here for the enjoyment of my readers.

Disclaimer: The photos were taken by a very lousy and amateur photographer (me), so if any one of you gets an upset stomach from the bad quality.......well, you have been warned.





Sylvan lake, with Jarvis bay in the distance





The marina and the village of Norglenwold






...unfortunately, there were no bikini babes at the beach






Smuggler's Inn; their seafood is WICKED!!






A very big and assuming lighthouse (NOT)...






beautiful, eh....!






Lakeside water-park





HIT ME! (insert joker sound-effect here...)





The House of Flags (flags of all Canadian provinces)





Sylvan lake's very own - all though a bit small - Clock Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment